Palisades Convention Management is a full-service event management company serving association and non-profit trade shows and conferences for more than 40 years.
Palisades Convention Management services range from event strategy and exhibit and sponsorship sales, to conference and registration management, as well as operations.
Bring your passion for client service, advance your career, and have fun doing it as a member of the Palisades Convention Management team.
Direct questions and RFPs to Bruce Goldweitz, President/COO Palisades Convention Management
Why choose us?
At Palisades Convention Management our focus is on making a client’s event more successful and profitable.
With our participation, expertise and guidance, clients can maximize member participation, non-dues revenue streams
and financial management.
What we do.
Sales and Management of Exhibits and Sponsorships
- Our service includes pre- show planning, exhibit floor design, layout and management, booth pricing, and sponsorship- package consultation and development
- Sell exhibit space, meeting rooms, sponsorships and promotional opportunities
- Secure available convention/meeting or hotel space and create f loor- plan designs
- Prepare and execute contracts for exhibit space and general contractor services
- Provide a rewarding customer relationship experience to all participants through extensive customer service, before, during and after the show
- Create effective and targeted sales campaigns that maximize revenue
- Handle database development, including list research and maintenance
- Manage overall relationships with sponsors and exhibitors
- Produce a next-event space-selection program inviting at-show exhibitors to secure space for the following event
- Implement a proactive collections process
- Provide pro-active floor- plan management throughout the show cycle
- Develop a sales strategy that delivers measurable growth year on year
- Implement an on-line conference-management information system for registration and fee accounting
- Accept advance registrations via mail, fax, e- mail, and web, processing them within 24 hours of receipt
- Mail or email specialized registration confirmations
- Provide a full-service customer toll free number and an e-mail address
- Provide registration/demographic reports
- Prepare badges with bar and QR codes for exhibitor/attendee lead retrieval
- Prepare special-event invitations, passes and tickets
- Supervise on-site registration and preparation of registration materials
- Create and send out post show attendee survey’s
Meeting Logistics and Onsite Management
- Review facility contracts for accuracy and completeness
- Handle special events, including venue, transportation, and food and beverage
- Inspect prospective conference sites and present recommendations
- Plan and oversee menus, meal functions, banquets and parties
- Negotiate a special hotel rate and reserve meeting space and sleeping- room blocks
- Provide pre-show and on-site service and support for both exhibitors and attendees
- Coordinate activities of the general service Contractor and all vendors
- Execute timeline development and tracking
- Provide RFP development, distribution, and evaluation
- Develop rules and regulations
- Execute complete floor plan management
- Provide weekly/monthly reporting
- Produce post-show reports, including suggestions for possible improvements
- Manage conference safety procedures and on-site security
- Manage insurance requirements
- Provide pre-show and on- site service and support for exhibitors
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage education-sessions
- Handle hotel negotiations and interface with housing management
- Grow and maintain speaker database
- Execute special-events
- Use our extensive knowledge of properties and strong contact network, book the best possible location and venue to meet your special needs at the lowest price and within your budget.
- Conduct prospective site research, site inspections, present recommendations, and be the primary contact with the hotel and/or convention center to insure a smooth-running event.
- Negotiate a special sleeping-room rate and reserve meeting space and sleeping-room blocks
- Review facility contracts for accuracy and completeness
Abstract Submission (Call for Papers) Program for Technical, Academic, and Educational Conferences
- Create a call for papers
- Create an abstract/summary submission link
- Create user IDs and passwords for all committee members (import and/or manual creation). Each member can have different access/security per the Committee
- As submissions are received, each abstract consists of title, author list, keywords, abstract (includes options for special characters), summary file and unlimited additional questions per the Committee’s requests
- Confirmations are emailed to all authors and sent back for suggested revisions. Special invited abstracts are pre-populated and then emailed for further detail
- PCM validates and checks all submissions to try to eliminate duplicate submissions
- Abstracts are given a unique ID number (auto-assigned and/or Committee-assigned) and uploaded onto the Committee’s review site, both as individual files and zipped files based on any search parameters needed
- A Program Chair can divide the abstracts into topics/subcommittees for rating purposes. This Chair (or Chairs) can also assign specific abstracts or groups of abstracts to specific Committee members
- Committee is notified that abstracts are on the website and can begin rating abstracts
- After rating process is complete, rating statistics are accessed on-line. Ratings can be sorted and/or exported by any fields Committee requires
- Committee then can make decisions on abstracts (either remotely or in-person)
- All abstract decisions are logged into system (either by Committee or PCM)
- Sessions (poster or oral) are created based on the ratings and the Committee’s decisions. Session information includes: session title, chair, topic, etc.
- The conference schedule is created by the Committee using the sessions that have been created. A grid of the rooms and time slots is created and sessions are graphically entered into the grid
- Accept/Reject letters are emailed to all authors with detailed and complete session information including date, time and location
- On-line program is then made live on the conference website
- Changes to program can be made real-time before and during the conference
- At a pre-determined time an export of the program is created to become the printed program
- Review industry trends, and assess event's strengths/weaknesses against competitors
- Develop marketing strategies that turn any weaknesses into strengths
- Design an SEO-optimized event website that attracts more targeted traffic and leads
- Create, produce, and distribute multi-channel marketing materials (digital and print)
- Target audience list development and segmentation
- Develop marketing plans and schedules based on proven performance and industry best practices
- Launch and run email campaign -- scheduling, deployment, and performance tracking
Technical and Educational Program Management
- Prepare and distribute calls- for- papers
- Design, prepare, and distribute programs
- Manage the abstract submission and review process
- Record author contact information
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage sessions
- Notify authors on the results of the program selection process
- Arrange for speakers' audiovisual requirements
- Publish conference proceedings in hard copy and in electronic formats as needed
- Maintain and update existing mailing lists
- Distribute post- conference reports
- Create and maintain conference trade show budgets
- Establish a bank account, receive and deposit income, and pay event bills
- Maintain a complete and accountable record for all transactions
- Provide audited post conference/trade show financial reports
- Compile informative, post-show reports
- Complete, audited final financials no later than 3 months after the event
- Ensure records and databases are completed and updated in preparation for the next year’s event.
- Conduct a post-event meeting to discuss possible improvements.
Outsourcing the management of your event, or a portion of it, is a proven and viable solution for organizations looking to reduce costs, improve efficiencies, decrease cycle times, and support strategic initiatives.
Consider a partnership with Palisades Convention Management. We will suggest a wide range of options and initiatives to support your objectives. We’ll leverage our experience, expertise and industry knowledge on your behalf to deliver a customized, high-quality and cost-effective solution that produces results.
If I can help with any questions you may have about our company or with the trade show industry, please feel free to contact me at any time, Bruce Goldweitz, President & COO Palisades Convention Management (508) 405-4072.
What our clients say
“Palisades Conference Management has been a close and trusted partner to the Society for Information Display (SID) for many years. Their proven experience with exhibit and sponsorship sales, registration, logistics and entire conference management services have helped SID navigate and thrive in the fast-paced Technical Conference environment. As an all-volunteer society, SID can depend on Palisades Convention Management to successfully manage conference logistics and recommend enhancements to the attendee experience. This is what partnerships are about!”
Director of Operations,
Society for Information Display
“We have had a very successful partnership with Palisades Conference Management for 15+ years. Their ability to work with us to successfully execute any conference, large or small, is amazing. No matter the challenge, they have been there to support us and find solutions to meet our needs.”
Connie J. Smith, Vice President
State & District Partnerships,
The College Board
“I have used Palisades Conference Management for our annual Assessment Conference. Next year will mark the 5th anniversary of the conference and the 5th year in a row for Palisades Convention Management. Palisades is a well-oiled, professional and smoothly administered enterprise with exceptional customer service. No matter what the question or concern, I typically receive a response within hours. I also use them for securing conference sponsorships, which have risen 300% since year one. I cannot be more enthusiastic about the Palisades team who are responsive, adept and agile at every turn. They know their business, and they work in support of their clients tirelessly and consistently. I highly recommend their services to anyone seeking effective conference management.”
Stephen L. DiPietro, Ph.D.
“The Palisades Convention Management team has been working with the SID Metro Detroit Chapter to plan and run the Symposium focused on Vehicle Displays since 2000. They are focused on long term planning for the event (several years ahead) while also focusing on the Symposium budget and running the annual event. The team has been instrumental in the evolution of the Symposium from one major sponsor with over 100 participants in 2000 to nine sponsors and more than 550 participants in 2017.”
Chairman of the SID Metro Detroit Chapter
“Palisades Convention Management has managed all logistics of our biennial conference for nearly 20 years. They are the utmost professionals, easy to work with, extremely responsive, and knowledgeable about all aspects of conference organization. For the myriad of large and small details required for a conference of our size, it was a pleasure to see that everything was well planned and well timed, right down to the smallest item. Excellent job Palisades!”
David Whaley, 2016 IEEE IVEC General Chair